Tradewinds has recently transformed itself into a small, new style communications company based entirely around highly experienced professionals working at dedicated home offices.
The company is led by Sally Smith who is:
- An exceptionally experienced journalist, has worked in fashion and beauty for Harpers Queen Magazine (now Harpers Bazaar); was a sub-editor on Woman Magazine; Business Editor on the Daily Echo; worked as a news journalist on the Daily Mail; Sunday Express; the Daily Telegraph and as a sub editor for BBC news in the UK; worked as a news journalist for the Daily Press and ABC TV news in Australia.
- A PR/Communications strategist at the very highest level for a mix of top corporates, including Sea World, Beales Department Store Group; Dents Fashion Accessories; Meridian Hotel Group; PRD Real Estate, Bird’s Eye, World Pentathlon Championships and McDonald’s Restaurants (including successfully masterminding McDonald’s expansion into the Pacific rim) down to mid-sized local companies such as Jamaica Inn, Boscundle Manor and Toolstation and local charity based organisations such as Prickly Ball Hedgehog Hospital.
- Established writer and non-fiction author with books published by Michael Joseph, Pelham Books, Rigby Books and The History Press.
- Business Writer of the Year Award, UK.
- Awarded a Winston Churchill Fellowship for journalism.
- Films and videos including scripting and producing worldwide “Silicon Implants – Your Rights” for Attwood Marshall Lawyers and Look to the Wall My Darling – a history of smuggling for the famous Jamaica Inn.
Sally leads the company with a total hands-on approach, supported by three very experienced freelances who all work from specially designed, secure and dedicated home offices.